Location: London, United Kingdom
Permanent - Full-Time
Closing date: Friday 22 June 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
We are currently recruiting for a Solutions Architect to join our high calibre IT team. This is a great opportunity for a Technical Architect looking to progress, and join a leading INGO undergoing a transformational change to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the global organisation - with a significant investment in new global IT systems and capability.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A proven ability to design end-to-end architecture solutions with strong business analysis/client-facing skills to engage a diverse stakeholder population
- Extensive experience in application development with .NET (C#) and SQL Server (or equivalent databases)
- Experience in developing solution architectures for Azure including Azure AD, Azure SQL and Service Fabric would be helpful.
- Experience in a CI/CD development environment.
- Experience in architecting applications for testability, extensibility and scalability.
- Experience of configuration management / change management and the tools to support collaborative and efficient code development
- A detailed understanding of the various test phases and techniques required in order to develop and maintain new and existing code
- A demonstrable understanding of software design patterns, SOLID, TDD and OO principles
- A clear understanding of web services (REST, SOAP), SOA, CQRS, Messaging (ESB) and distributed systems
- An understanding of application lifecycle management, the value of TDD and continuous integration
- Good communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- It would also be helpful if you have experience of working within an agile project delivery environment, and experience of working with offshore project team members
We offer a competitive salary, 30 days annual leave, company pension scheme and life assurance.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is the 22nd June 2018.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description