Location: Somalia, Somalia
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Thursday 31 May 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Title MEAL Officer- National only.
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, build the capacity of staff in their analysis and dissemination of data, and coordinate information management and reporting systems. Also support the MEAL Manager in implementing the country MEAL framework ensuring achievement of SCI MEAL standards and program quality
Support in the delivery of an effective Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning function, play a key role in the expansion and improvement of the quality of Save the Children programmes in Puntland to increase impact and enable positive change for children
Contract Duration: One Year
Qualifications and Experience
· 3 years' experience of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in in humanitarian and developmental responses
· University degree in social sciences, statics, social work, social administration, development studies or other relevant academic discipline;
· Background of implementing effective M&E systems
· Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyze and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
· Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
· Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
· Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description please visit our please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents