Executive Assistant (Budget & Finance) - (1801672)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: Two years
: May 9, 2018, 9:55:12 AM
: May 29, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
: India-New Delhi
: SE/DAF Director - Administration & Finance
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide policy guidance and support across SEA Region on financial / accounting matters, Imprest Accounts management, DFC clearance, income/award, budgetary management, etc. Ensure effective controls exist and are operational regarding Imprest Account operations; and that monthly closure of Imprest Accounts is carried out in accordance with the standard operating procedures and eManual provisions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Associate and overall guidance of the Finance Officer (FO), the incumbent will:
- Review and monitor WCOs Imprest Accounts operations, provide support on Imprest queries and ensure timely closure of monthly Imprest accounts and submission of Imprest Returns.
- Assist in periodic in-depth review of Imprest Returns along with background documentation and related Country Office expenditure, to ensure compliance with WHO's financial rules and regulations.
- Monitor DFC advances and ensure timely clearance of DFC Receipts received in GSM for BFU's clearance. Follow-up with WCOs to minimize the number of overdue DFCs.
- Provide assistance for review of committal documents and expenditures data under SEAR work plans to ensure compliance with WHO's financial rules and regulations.
- Review and ensure clearance of generic General Ledgers of eImprest and related financial transactions in the Imprest accounts.
- Provide assistance in gathering background information for ad-hoc reports required for compliance review.
- Draft comments/correspondence related to the incumbent's area of work.
- Work as back-up for other Executive Assistants in BFU during their absence.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
Essential: Secondary school education with specialization in budgeting and accounting.
Desirable: Diploma/certificate of specialization in accounting and IT an advantage. Training in computer application including excel.
Essential: At least five years' experience in accounting/administrative work.
Desirable: Experience in UN or a similar international organization.
A good understanding of WHO procedures and ability to interpret WHO Manual provisions related to Imprest, DFCs, standard operating procedures issued by ROs and HQ, etc.; Understanding of WHO ERP system (GSM) and accounting principles in general, an advantage; Skills to operate computer with ease; Excellent knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheets and its application for conversion of data into user friendly reports.
Other IT skills: Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 784,918 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Please note applications should be submitted through WHO's online recruitment portal. Please visit www.who.int/careers to complete an online profile and to apply to this vacancy.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during 11 to 29 June 2018. Candidates are advised to make themselves available during that period.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int./
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.