Programmes & Partnerships Manager (fixed term contract 9 - 12 months)
Embrace the Middle East
£32,000 - £34,000
Closing date: 18 May 2018
Job Type: Paid
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £32,000 – £34,000 per annum + excellent benefits Hours: 36.5 per week (flexibility over working hours considered) Team: Programmes & Partnerships Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire Term: Fixed-term contract (Maternity) 9 -12 months
This is a highly rewarding role for an experienced international development manager to work alongside a wide variety of Christian partner organisations in Egypt, accompanying them as they bring transformation and hope to the communities that they work in.
Embrace the Middle East is an international Christian charity with over 160 years’ experience helping people of all faiths and none to free themselves from a life of poverty and injustice. Our Christian partners in Egypt, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine run hospitals, clinics, schools and centres for people with disabilities. They provide support services for refugees, work for women’s empowerment, community development and supply humanitarian relief.
Embrace has been through some exciting periods of expansion. We are embarking on another, expanding into new countries, developing new partnerships and investing in our advocacy strategy. We want to speak directly about the root causes of injustice, marginalisation and poverty in the region.
About the role
This is a fixed-term contract for approximately 9 to 12 months, working within Embrace’s Programmes & Partnerships team of 5, based in Amersham, with travel to Egypt around 3 to 4 times during the contract period.
Key priorities of this role will include:
- Taking lead responsibility for managing all programmes, projects and relationships with Christian partner organisations in Egypt.
- Develop compelling project plans and proposals with partner organisations to deliver Embrace’s partnerships and advocacy objectives.
- Lead on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) in Egypt via correspondence, regular reports and visits to partners
- Strengthen Embrace‘s Christian partners both at a distance and during visits through leading prayers, giving advice, sharing information and useful tools, encouraging networking opportunities, conducting or arranging training.
- Oversee financial risk management in Egypt by developing and undertaking financial compliance checks of projects and grants through a combination of desk and field based reviews.
- Support the fundraising and marketing team with information and advice on Embrace partners in Egypt for use in promotional and media materials, providing content for publications such as prayer diary, magazine and appeals.
We are seeking applicants who share Embrace’s Christian values and have: proven ability to understand and advise on the challenges that small development organisations face when working in the Middle East, programme management experience, ability to analyse narrative and financial reports in order to monitor and evaluate project success, experience of programme budgeting and financial management, ability to build trusting relationships with Christian partner organisations, aptitude for working as part of a small team, and wants to get involved in the broader work of the organisation.
There is an Occupational Requirement under the Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, Part 1, Section 3) that the person appointed be a practising Christian.
Region: London and the southeast
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Sector: Projects and programmes
How to apply
Please complete and return the application form to email@example.com attaching a covering letter outlining your suitability (based on the attached job description) and desire for the role by 18 May 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date and invited for interview at Embrace’s office in Amersham, week commencing 21 May 2018.
Embrace the Middle East is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to child protection.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you need to have the right to work in the UK, either through nationality or relevant work visa.
Thank you for your interest in Embrace the Middle East.
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.