Program Officer – Health
Location:Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary:Pay Band 4
Contract type:Fixed Term
Full Time:35 hours per week
Application Closing Date:6 May 2018
Interview date:To be advised
Start date:25th June 2018
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Program Management and Delivery of interventions under the Health Programming
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Post Graduate Degree in Public Health or similar field with clinical work experience
• Minimum of five years’ work experience out of which at least three years shall be in INGO
• Demonstrated program management experience in Maternal, New born, and Child Health or Reproductive health related intervention
• Proven experience in Project management which includes project designing, implementation, coordination,
• Proven experience in providing technical guidance to partners including health facilities
• Good understanding of the overall country’s Health System functioning and operation with good professional relationship (or experience) with government health bureaus/hospitals/facilities
• Experience in successful business development and resource mobilisation
• Technical knowledge of M&E
• Significant level of understanding of the country context in VSOE target locations
Ability to demonstrate:
• Planning and Time Management – Excellent in prioritising tasks, time management, effective while working under pressure with tight deadlines
• Representation and negotiation skills – ability to negotiate difficult deals and maintain relations with stakeholders
• Experience of successfully planning, monitoring and management of budgets with a proven ability to develop and monitor project budgets
• Communication - Excellent verbal and written communications
• Partnership development and management skill
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office word, outlook and excel.
• Ability to travel and spend significant amount of time out of Addis
• Flexibility to adapt, positive attitude towards change, and constructive and creative approach to problem solving
• Strong team player
• Commitment to VSO’s values
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.