ICT Focal Point - (1801158)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-Term Appointment
Contract duration: One Year
: Mar 27, 2018, 2:57:03 PM
: Apr 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
: South Sudan-Juba
: AF_SSD South Sudan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the followind duties:-1. Installation, Administration and Maintenance(i) Coordinate the installation and maintenance of all ICT hardware and software; according to AFRO ICT standard.(i) Ensure uninterrupted and effective ICT services to the office.(ii) Install and support LAN/WAN and data communications systems as per AFRO ICT Standard (Windows Operating System XP/2000/2003, TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN, PIX, Firewall, Proxy server, Microsoft Exchange server 2003, VSAT, VolP, SNMP. DNS, DHCP, etc…);2. Reporting(i) Make a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory;(ii) Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT related activities and update it;3. User and Administrative Supporti) Provide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of informatics equipment (computers accessories) programs (software); 4. Assist in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programmes
Essential: University degree in electronics or communications engineering or computer technology
Desirable: Experience in telecommunications and information technology related matters
Essential: Two years of experience in administration of information and communications technology. Good knowledge of GSM System or similar ERP Systems; Experience with staff training in the use of management information systems
Desirable: Experience in the integrating Voice and Data Communications field: LAN design, maintenance and troubleshooting roster configuration, IP address schemes, internet/tunneling
Very good knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP networking, Windows 2000 and XP Professional Windows 2000/2003 Server, Microsoft Active Directory; Good knowledge of E-mail system's administration (Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2000/2003; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and Virus protection; Good knowledge of Data backup and Disaster Recovery procedures (Veritas Backup Exec is the software used); Good knowledge of Database programming with visual Basic; Good knowledge of the Administration of telecommunication systems including PBX; Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems; ability to write technical documents
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 39,575 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.