Role Title: Communications and Events Volunteer
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Working hours: Part-time, 1 – 2 days a week for eight months
Expenses: This is an unpaid internship role. You will receive £10 per day for travel and lunch (we have a subsided café on-site)
Location: Royal Society of Medicine, Central London, W1G 0AE
As a THET volunteer you will join our small, friendly team to provide support to the Communications team.
Today, one billion people will never see a qualified health worker in their lives.
For over twenty-five years, THET has been working to change this, training health workers to build a world where everyone has access to affordable and quality healthcare. We do this by leveraging the expertise and energy of the UK health community, supporting health partnerships between hospitals, colleges and clinics in the UK and those overseas.
From reducing maternal deaths in Uganda to improving the quality of hospital care for injured children in Myanmar, we work to strengthen local health systems and build a healthier future for all. In the past seven years alone, THET has reached over 84,000 health workers across 31 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Asia in partnership with over 130 UK institutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a Communications and Events Volunteer to help our small, friendly team with the organisation of THET’s Annual Conference that will take place on 27th and 28thSeptember at Imperial College London as well as communications tasks such as website updates and content generation. This a great opportunity for one dynamic candidate to develop their skills within communications and across different stages of event organisation, from planning to delivery, and to give their unique contribution to one of the most exciting events within the global health sector.
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager the volunteer will:
- Assist with the production of communications materials including newsletter and social media content.
- Keeping both our THET website and dedicated conference website up to date with developments and new information.
- Support the Communications Team to organise the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage.
- Liaise with conference speakers, stall holders and event sponsors.
- Liaise on conference content with delegates, including “Health Partnerships Abstracts” competition
- Assist in managing supplier relationships.
- Contribute to the post-event evaluation (including thank you letters, data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
- Student or Degree in Communications or Events Management. Any other relevant degree will also be considered.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage your own time.
- Fluency in English.
- Interest in global health and international development highly desirable.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to Ms Edvige Bordone, Communications Manager: email@example.com.